It’s time to kick off summer!
Memorial Day is considered the unofficial start of summer in Beaumont, and this means pool season is finally here.
Planning the perfect Memorial Day bash takes a lot of effort and attention to detail, including getting your pool looking its absolute best.
We will make you a deal; you take care of the party planning, and our experts will make sure your pool looks stunning and is safe to swim in.
To show you how much we want to help make your pool party a memorable event full of fun, loving memories, we would like to share a few safety tips with you:
The secret to a world-class pool party is planning. Make a checklist of everything that needs to be done, including:
- Call Crocodile Pools to get the pool cleaned and make sure all the pool equipment is in good working condition
- Schedule a visit from your gardener, have him rake your yard, prune any vegetation around the pool to ensure you have excellent visibility from all angles
- Invite your guests
- Decide what foods will be served (Remember BBQ is a must on Memorial Day)
- Make a shopping list of everything you need for your party including, food, drinks, and decorations
Grilling Safety Tips
- Always grill in a well-ventilated area away from low hanging tree branches and other flammable materials
- Don’t cook too close to the pool. This is to prevent accidentally burning the swimmers and to avoid food or grease from falling into the pool
- Never use a charcoal or gas grill indoors
- Always supervise the grill when in use
- Keep kids, pets and intoxicated friends away from the BBQ for their safety
- Never add lighter fluid onto already burning coals
- Don’t use gasoline to light your charcoal BBQ as it is highly flammable and difficult to control
It’s easy to mishandle food while hosting an outdoor party. To prevent accidental food poisoning, remember to:
- Always wash your hand before and after handling food, especially raw foods
- Keep raw meats refrigerated until you are ready to cook them
- Never leave food out of refrigeration for over 2 hours. If the temperature is above 90 °F, food should not be left out more than 1 hour
- Refrigerate leftovers as soon as everyone has eaten; you can always reheat them later
- Keep foods covered to avoid flies and other insects from getting into it
- Follow this simple chart to ensure your meats are cooked properly:
Fresh Meats – steaks, roasts, chops
Ground Meats – Burgers
Poultry and Fowl
Fish and shellfish
Eggs and Egg Dishes
Minimum Cooking Temperature
Pool Safety Tips
- Limit or avoid alcohol consumption in or around your pool
- Always have a responsible adult supervising the kids
- Wear water-resistant sunscreen, remember to reapply every 2 hours
- Wear sunglasses
- Have extra floaties handy for your guests
- Keep a cell phone, first aid kit, and reaching or throwing floating devices close to the pool
If you need help reopening your pool, we can help. We are also available to answer any pool related questions you may have, so don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
Happy Memorial Day!
If you have any doubts on what to do about making your pool safer, make sure to call Crocodile Pools, we are the experts in keeping your Pool Safe & Clean.
Let us take the Bite Out of Your Pool.
Quality Pool Maintenance Solutions that ARE Affordable!
A lot of homeowners are concerned with the cost of properly maintaining a pool, but they really shouldn’t be. At Crocodile Pools, we can provide you with superb pool cleaning and maintenance services at a reasonable price.
Contact Us to schedule a free evaluation and to set up weekly maintenance so your pool is always safe, beautiful and ready for your family and friends to enjoy!
Join our many other happy customers that now enjoy a beautiful safe, clean pool year-round. Best of all, we’ll save you money!
Crocodile Pools provides Southeast Texas with the highest quality pool maintenance services at the best prices.
- Aquatic Exercise
- Aquatic Therapy
- Autumn & Winter
- Free Giveaway
- Great Tips
- Holiday Party
- Home and Gardens
- Hurricane Preparedness
- Hurricane Season
- New Year
- New Year Resolutions
- Party Planning
- Pool Renovations
- Pool Tips
- Top Reasons
- Women's Health
- World Alzheimer's Month
- Alzheimer's (1)
- Aquatic Exercise (1)
- Aquatic Therapy (2)
- Autumn & Winter (6)
- Dementia (1)
- Finance (1)
- Free Giveaway (1)
- Great Tips (29)
- Health (26)
- Holiday Party (1)
- Holidays (6)
- Home and Gardens (10)
- Hurricane Preparedness (1)
- Hurricane Season (1)
- Jobs (1)
- New Year (1)
- New Year Resolutions (1)
- Party Planning (1)
- Pool Renovations (1)
- Pool Tips (3)
- Safety (19)
- Seasons (6)
- Specials (7)
- Spring (2)
- Staff (1)
- Top Reasons (7)
- Women's Health (1)
- World Alzheimer's Month (1)