Since the 1970s childhood obesity has more than tripled according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Recent data shows that nearly 1 in 5 children under the age of 19 are obese.
Many factors contribute to a child being obese, such as:
- Eating Habits
- Sleep Patterns
- Stress and Traumatic Events
- Physical Activity
While there is little we can do about our genetic makeup; there is a lot we can do to help children eat healthier, sleep more, deal with stress, and increase their physical activity levels. Let’s explore how swimming helps your child’s weight to help them grow up to be healthier adults.
Benefits of Swimming for Kids
A healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise is the best way for children to win the battle against childhood obesity.
When it comes to physical activity, the first challenge is to get kids to stick with it. Like most adults, it’s hard for children to get excited about working out. Another issue that many parents face is that not everyone is into sports. So what is a parent to do to keep their kids active?
The answer could be in your back yard. It’s your swimming pool.
Swimming is a wonderful alternative to increase children’s physical activity. Here is why:
- It’s Fun! Children, especially those who are overweight might reject the idea of exercising. However, swimming is such a fun activity that most of them won’t think of it as exercise.
- It’s a Full Body Workout. Swimming is excellent because it involves all major muscle groups in our body. During a swimming lesson, your kids will get a chance to work the muscles in their arms, legs, back, and abdomen.
- It’s Low Impact. Many overweight children have trouble running, jogging, or jumping because they are high impact activities. Swimming, on the other hand, is a low impact form of exercise, and children may find it easier to do.
- It Helps Reduce the Risk of Injury. Thanks to the water buoyancy, objects weigh 1/10th of their normal weight. Therefore, it makes it easier for kids to move in the water, and because there is no impact, the risk of injury is lower.
- It’s a Great Exercise for Anyone. Swimming can help obese children manage their weight. It can also help children who are not overweight, maintain their current body type.
Aside from helping obese children lose weight, swimming also provides other health benefits, including:
- Promotes Heart and Lung Health
- Can Help Improve Mental and Emotional Health
- It Helps Build Strength and Improve Balance
- It’s Better for Asthmatic Kids
- It Aids in Early Development
Child obesity is an issue that concerns us all. Children who are overweight have a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes and other chronic diseases.
Swimming is one of the solutions to help end childhood obesity in our country. However, swimming is only as good as the quality of the water in the pool.
Poorly maintained, dirty pools can cause infections. Slippery decks can lead to severe injuries, and faulty drains can cause harm to children and adults.
To help keep your children safe, call us to schedule a pool cleaning appointment. We are always available to help!
Check out our Free Pool Maintenance Estimator. You’ll be surprised how affordable it is to keep it safe and clean!
Schedule Regular Pool Cleanings
Contact us today to schedule weekly pool cleanings to keep your pool clean and healthy for your whole family.
Our team of professionals will ensure your pool has the right chlorine and pH balance, and the water is clean as can be.
We will also inspect your pool pump to ensure it is working correctly, and check your drains to make sure none of the covers are missing or broken.
At Crocodile Pools, we believe keeping your pool in optimal conditions shouldn’t cost you a bundle, use Free Pool Maintenance Estimator to schedule a Free Estimate Today!
Quality Pool Maintenance Solutions that ARE Affordable!
A lot of homeowners are concerned with the cost of properly maintaining a pool, but they really shouldn’t be. At Crocodile Pools, we can provide you with superb pool cleaning and maintenance services at a reasonable price.
Contact Us to schedule a free evaluation and to set up weekly maintenance so your pool is always safe, beautiful and ready for your family and friends to enjoy!
Join our many other happy customers that now enjoy a beautiful safe, clean pool year-round. Best of all, we’ll save you money!
Crocodile Pools provides Southeast Texas with the highest quality pool maintenance services at the best prices.
Why Choose Us?
- We’re Safe. NSPF CPO certified and we hold an up-to-date Texas Residential Appliance Installation License.
- We’re Secure. Insured & Bonded
- We’re Friendly & Reliable.
- We’re Responsible. We run background checks and drug screens its staff.
- Best Value. Our full service includes chemicals.
- We’re Local! Serving Beaumont & Lumberton.
- We’ve Got Even More Specials! Get One (1) Free Month for Every Friend You Refer!
Our Commitment to You
- Answer the phone when you call
- Show up on time
- Provide an excellent service
- Resolve issues to your satisfaction
Crocodile Pools. Let Us Take the Bite Out of Your Pool!
Your Satisfaction is Our Priority
Comprehensive Cleaning of Client's Pool
A video of a comprehensive cleaning we did on a client’s pool. We drained, pressure washed, refilled, balanced the water and got it crystal clear! We also completely replace all their old equipment with new more efficient equipment. During this process we also converted them from saltwater to freshwater. Can’t say it was fun during the process but it is fun to see the result!