A dip in the pool on a hot summer day is just what you need to cool off and relax. However, what happens when you discover you are not the only one enjoying your pool?
Water bugs could be calling your pool home, and not all of them are friendly neighbors. While you may have gotten used to finding ants, crickets, and spiders in your pool from time to time, they most likely fell in and not permanently moving into your pool.
The real concern is water bugs; those that could try to live in your pool on a more permanent basis. Today you will learn about some of the more common water bugs and how we can help keep them out of your swimming pool.
Water Boatmen Bugs
The good news is these bugs won’t bite you, and they are known to feed on plant material and mosquito larvae.
The bad news is nobody likes to share their pool with bugs, and they look like another insect species that are not as friendly.
Water boatmen mostly live in water, but they can fly and are attracted to light. So, they can easily migrate to your backyard from a nearby pond or your neighbors’ pool.
To prevent them, we advise the following:
- Keep your outdoor lights at least 30 feet away from swimming pools, and use lightbulbs with low wattage
- Call us to schedule weekly pool maintenance. By keeping your swimming pool free of plant matter, the water boatmen won’t have anything to feed on, and they will move out
- If you haven’t cleaned your pool in a while and algae is growing in it, we can get your water clear and balanced!
- If your pool has already been taken over by water boatmen, can treat your pool to remove them
These are not nice tenants to have in your pool. Backswimmers bite!
Their bite is painful as it feels like a bee sting. These creepy little swimmers like to feed on water boatmen, so they are often found together, and to make matters worse they look alike too.
To prevent backswimmers, the best thing to do is to get rid of other bugs that could be a food source for the backswimmers.
Regular pool cleanings are the best way to prevent and get rid of backswimmers.
Springtails are harmless, they won’t bite you, and they don’t live in water. Instead, they like to live in moist places and eat decaying plant matter.
However, their tails do allow them to jump (hence the name springtails), and because they might be living close to your pool, they can easily land in the water when they leap into the air.
The reason you should try to get rid of them is that they can attract other bugs like the backswimmers, which can hurt you.
The trick to prevent springtails from landing in your pool is to keep your pool area well landscaped with plants a safe distance from the pool.
We’ll Help You Keep Uninvited Water Bug Guests Away
At Crocodile Pools, we can protect your pool from bugs and other pests. Give us a call for a free estimate to keep your in-ground pool safe and clean. We will come over and keep those pesky critters from bugging you anymore!
Quality Pool Maintenance Solutions that ARE Affordable!
A lot of homeowners are concerned with the cost of properly maintaining a pool, but they really shouldn’t be. At Crocodile Pools, we can provide you with superb pool cleaning and maintenance services at a reasonable price.
Contact Us to schedule a free evaluation and to set up weekly maintenance so your pool is always safe, beautiful and ready for your family and friends to enjoy!
Join our many other happy customers that now enjoy a beautiful safe, clean pool year-round. Best of all, we’ll save you money!
Crocodile Pools provides Southeast Texas with the highest quality pool maintenance services at the best prices.
Why Choose Us?
- We’re Safe. NSPF CPO certified and we hold an up-to-date Texas Residential Appliance Installation License.
- We’re Secure. Insured & Bonded
- We’re Friendly & Reliable.
- We’re Responsible. We run background checks and drug screens its staff.
- Best Value. Our full service includes chemicals.
- We’re Local! Serving Beaumont & Lumberton.
- We’ve Got Even More Specials! Get One (1) Free Month for Every Friend You Refer!
Our Commitment to You
- Answer the phone when you call
- Show up on time
- Provide an excellent service
- Resolve issues to your satisfaction
Crocodile Pools. Let Us Take the Bite Out of Your Pool!
Your Satisfaction is Our Priority
Comprehensive Cleaning of Client's Pool
A video of a comprehensive cleaning we did on a client’s pool. We drained, pressure washed, refilled, balanced the water and got it crystal clear! We also completely replace all their old equipment with new more efficient equipment. During this process we also converted them from saltwater to freshwater. Can’t say it was fun during the process but it is fun to see the result!